Things Have Changed!
We have had a policy change in regards to what age volunteers can start coming out by themselves with us. The age for volunteers for cats and dogs is now 16. This means if a child is under 16, the only way they can come volunteer is if a parent has gone through the training and comes with the child.
Are you wanting to volunteer in CARROLL, IA?
We need volunteers for all aspects of making Animal Rescue of Carroll work! It is through the dedication of our volunteers that we have grown to where we are today. With more hands and hearts, we can save more lives.
Volunteers do not need to be in Carroll County, IA. We have volunteers from many cities. We need volunteers in/around the Des Moines area to help with adoption events and to play with our kitties at our adoption center. Foster homes can be from anywhere if willing to travel when events, adoptions, or vet work is needed.
Volunteer Opportunities: cat chores (cleaning living areas, boxes, feeding and watering), dog chores (cleaning kennels,exercising, feeding and watering) cat socialization (spending time getting more timid cats to settle in), take pictures of cats/kittens for website, help at fundraising events. The amount of time you are able to volunteer is up to you. You can come weekly, monthly, bi-monthly whatever fits into your schedule.
Interested in Fostering? We need you!
Taking care of animals while they are waiting for their new homes is a very rewarding experience.
Here are some things to consider:
1. Is everyone in my house ready to welcome another or new pet into the home?
2. Do I know if I or anyone living in the house has allergies to animals?
3. Does my current pet(s) get along with other animals?
4. Am I prepared to work with the new pet on any issues that it may have to prepare it for adoption?
5. Am I prepared emotionally for when the animal is adopted?
6. Am I willing to foster the animal for as long as it is available for adoption?