The Animal Rescue of Carroll, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2006. Animal rescue of Carroll will host a dog and cat shelter servicing and caring for lost, unwanted or homeless dogs and cats, with a focus on adoption, education, cruelty prevention, spay and neuter programs, and reuniting lost dogs and cats with their owners.
We are open by appointment only until further notice. Call 712.790.9116, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on facebook.
If you want your pet's picture on the 2022 calendar, fill out this form and follow directions for picture. Click Here
Forever Home Count
Animal Rescue of Carroll (ARC) is a group of volunteers who began working together in 2006 to help improve the welfare for domestic animals in Carroll County.
Since its start, Animal Rescue of Carroll has:
- Grown to more than 100 active volunteers who help with the day to day operations including fostering, processing applications, grant writing, caring for dogs in the shelter, and much, much more.
- On January 27th, 2009, ARC officially became a 501c3 Non-Profit organization allowing the public to make tax-deductible donations.
- On February 3rd, 2011, ARC received its shelter license from the Iowa Department of Agriculture. Volunteers worked to convert a small hog confinement building into a full operational dog shelter.
- Since achieving its shelter license, ARC now assists Carroll County's local pounds with animals facing euthanasia.
- ARC is operating solely on generous volunteers who dedicate time to pets needing help as well spending time with their families, personal pets, and working their paying jobs. We would not be where we are today without our volunteers.
- ARC receives no government funding. It operates from donations from the public, grants, fundraisers, and adoptions fees. Many times the adoption fees for an animal do not cover the cost of its care while awaiting for adoption. Without the generous support from our community and beyond, ARC would not be able to assist the 200+ animals that come into our care every year.
Programs We Offer
Watch for more programs as we grow and develop!